Dollar Tree Haul: week of 8/28/17

 I don't know what the weather is like where you're at, but here in VA it's been all over the place. My backyard trees are confused and don't know whether to stay green or let their leaves fall. I, for one, love this cooler weather and beg it to stay. Summer is not my favorite. Never has been.

With that being said, my need to switch up my home decor is in full swing. I don't like to spend a whole lot on decor supplies so the Dollar Tree is really where it's at for me.

Here's a few things I purchased for my transition to fall, and a few misc. items.

 These flowers are going to become part of my dining room table centerpiece. I plan on taking some pictures of how I put it all together. That will be a part of my next post.
Fake flowers are a staple in my home. I'm not saying I don't have a green thumb, but I once killed an air fern. You be the judge.

 Thank goodness for plastic bowls. I love my kids but I don't trust them around any kind of glass. I don't like real candles so this battery powered candle is my choice. It's also practical in case the power goes out and I need my kids to take it to the bathroom.
The rocks will be placed into the bowl along with the "candle" and flowers. Watch out for that post!

 Storage cubes are a lifesaver. I can hoard whatever I want as long as it's hidden in one of these. Am I joking?
I don't like to pay an arm and a leg for these guys so $1 it is.

 Our dining room table is in desperate need of new place mats. These black ones are soft and not ridiculously shiny like a few that I've seen. I picked up the only four that they had. If I come across two more I'll be sure to snag those up.

Last but not least, I picked up some sharpeners and pencil pouches for the kids. School starts soon (yes, in September...I know...) and I have a few things left to get. I purchased all of the "important" stuff like binders and composition notebooks at the beginning of August. My kids usually take care of their stuff so these should last until March. Haha!

The wall sticker is probably going to go onto a painted canvas and onto my living room wall. I haven't decided yet but it beats paying $20 for something that I might never use.

Everything all together was less than $24.
The dollar tree and the like will definitely help me stay within my monthly budget. (whatever that is)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

-Sam

Comments

Popular Posts